We, at The Golden Legacy Financing Corporation, values the security and privacy of your personal information. We guarantee that our operation is in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 – “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and such other applicable laws on data privacy protection and security.
We believe that you are entitled to know how we use and protect your personal information. We give this notice to inform you of the ways in which we process your personal information and the means by which you can control, to a certain extent, these processes.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
As a Financial Solutions provider, it is incumbent upon us to know our clients to serve them better. We can only do so if we have your personal information, this information we use to offer you the best possible financial solution.
Why and How do we use your Personal Information?
1. Processing and evaluating loan applications.
2. Carrying out underwriting, and account administration.
3. Processing billing and collection of loan payments and related fees.
4. Conducting background and identity checks, for various purposes such as verifying your identity in order to respond to your request, such as but not limited to change your details in our records or in order to resolve complaints, and to handle requests for data access or correction.
5. Fulfilling any other purposes directly related to the above stated purposes.
What Information do we collect?
• Name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, birth date, education, civil status, gender.
• Pension details such as your ID number, amount of pension, bank details etc.
• Dependent Information such as your spouse and children/s name, age, and contact number.
• Other income details.
• Proof of life such as your pictures and videos (as specified)
• Specimen signatures.
To whom do we share your Personal Information?
As agreed, we share your information to the following individual and entities:
A. To our directors, officers, employees, advisers, auditors, agents, and authorized representatives.
B. To our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related interests, whether based in the Philippines or other jurisdictions.
C. To our participating merchants, payments technology company(ies), credit information investigation companies, financing companies and/or association of financing
companies that functions as a credit investigation entity, financial institutions, credit bureaus, loyalty program partners, consumer reporting or reference agencies,
network, marketing and promotional partners, insurers, and other relevant external parties, whether based in the Philippines or other jurisdictions.
D. Service providers engaged by TGLFC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related interests, whether based within or outside the Philippines.
E. Juridical, governmental, supervisory, regulatory, or equivalent body having authority or jurisdiction over TGLFC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related
F. Such person or entities as required by laws or regulations of any country with jurisdiction over the affairs or business of TGLFC, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates,
and related interests.
G. Persons or entities engaged by TGLFC, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related interests to facilitate administration, servicing, and implementation of loan
application and subsequent contract with TGLFC.
H. Any potential transferee or assignment of TGLFC’s rights and/or obligations under the relevant contracts or agreements; and
I. Such other person or entities as TGLFC may be deem as having authority or right to such information, as and when required by the circumstances.
How do we secure your Personal Information?
The security of your personal data is important to us and we take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and unauthorized disclosure by establishing and enforcing:
1. Confidentiality requirements and data privacy training of our employees.
2. Document storage security policies, and retention policies.
3. Security measures to control access to our systems and premises.
4. Limitations on access to personal data.
5. Strict selection of third-party data processors and partners; and
6. Electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption of our online systems.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
Your information is kept during the duration of our contractual agreements and five (5) years after its end. We make sure that the information is destroyed properly in compliance with the guidelines set by the Company and the Regulators.
How do you inquire, access or request correction or updates of your Personal Information? (Data Subject Rights)
Unless there are practical, contractual, and legal reasons why we cannot process your request, you have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and address your concern, inquiries, and other privacy related concern to our Data Protection Officer.
When you request for access or update to your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before granting you access to and updating your information.
Due to the rapidly evolving changes in law and technology, we reserve the right to update our Policy Statement. All revisions will be effective immediately upon being posted on this site.
*Updated February 8, 2021